Are you on the list?
9061 businesses in the UK, including 144 Somerset companies have signed up and are on the list...are you one of them?
To get on the list you must agree to the following commitments:
- inclusive and accessible recruitment
- communicating vacancies
- offering an interview to disabled people
- providing reasonable adjustments
- supporting existing employees
All employers should already be doing all of the above, and thankfully nearly all most definitely are.
In addition to the above, businesses must also undertake at least one action that will make a difference for disabled people, such as offering work experience, apprenticeships or paid employment.
If you do all these things already, please do fill out this form and request to join the list of Disability Confident employers today.
In return for signing up and becoming 'Disability Confident Committed', you will receive:
- an achievement recognition certificate
- a website ‘badge’ and other marketing materials for 1year
- a self-assessment to help complete Level 2 (Disability Confident Employer).
You will also be showing your employees, customers, stakeholders and partners that you are an inclusive employer who believes all people, including those with additional needs and/or disabilities, can and should be able to have paid employment and be valued members of society.
144 Somerset employers have already signed-up. Watch this film to see the benefits for their businesses.
To find out more, please visit here.
Released On 12th Nov 2018