Resources for career leaders and teachers
Understanding your role
Career Leaders are responsible and accountable for the delivery of their school’s careers advice and guidance programme.
The Somerset Careers Hub team will support you to create and deliver a strong programme.
- Work Experience Journal - the journal has been revised and updated with the inclusion of new and engaging content to encourage students to reflect on their experience and get the most from their placement. Print and digital versions are available for you to download and share with your students. Both are also available from the Veryan work experience database. Click here for more details >
- Careers in the Curriculum Insights - developed to help subject teachers link their subjects to careers by providing the latest information about careers related to their subject.
- Our resource directory lists work-related learning schemes and careers resources..
- Our events page highlights upcoming careers related events nationally and in Somerset.
The Careers and Enterprise Company (CEC) offers a variety of training courses for Careers Leaders. Schools and colleges can now register their interest for the training here.
The Career Development Institute’s (CDI) Level 6 Certificate in Careers Leadership consists of the following three QCF units:
• Plan and design career-related learning programmes;
• Lead and manage career development work in an organisation;
• Continuously improve career development work in an organisation.
No previous qualification is required, but appropriate workload, academic ability and commitment to study at Level 6 are needed.