Somerset EBP established
As a reaction to skill shortages and recruitment difficulties in Somerset, the education business partnership (EBP) was established in April 2018.
Hinkley Point C Impact Mitigation Fund, along with Somerset County Council and the 5 district councils, funded the new project, which aims to create a prosperous Somerset by connecting employers with education partners. By encouraging and coordinating local business engagements with schools and colleges, young people will benefit by accessing outstanding career advice and guidance, along with invaluable workplace encounters and insight into various working sectors.
Businesses will benefit too. By increasing brand awareness and connecting with their future recruitment pool, companies will have a hand in developing and fostering the next workforce generation.
Since April, the EBP team have met with numerous businesses and work-related learning providers. They also have:
- Linked infrastructure company Engie with schools in Glastonbury and Taunton so they can deliver on their community engagement commitment:
- ‘Thank you so much for contacting the schools, it sounds like there are lots of opportunities.’
- Identified potential recruitment sources for Somerset Waste Partnership:
- ‘It will be very helpful to see how we can move this forward’
- Connected Aspen Services with a partner to broker replacement funding after Learn Direct funding for staff development was lost.
- Secured employers for enterprise events at The Blue School, Wells, Danesfield Middle School and West Somerset College.
- Organised workplace visits for Somerset school children at TMB Patterns Limited in Bridgwater.
If you would like to be a part of something special, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, call 01823 785440.
Released On 29th Aug 2018