Employers prefer apprenticeship experience over university degrees
According to research commissioned by the Association of Accounting Technicians employers have revealed that the experience gained in an apprenticeship is more important than qualifications.
Almost half of employers said they would prefer to see experience from a relevant apprenticeship or previous position on a candidate’s CV, compared to only 24% who would prefer a relevant degree.
Top 10 priorities when hiring young workers
- How they fit into the company culture
- How much experience they have
- Their general personality
- How well qualified they are
- A proactive attitude
- Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to self-manage and take initiative
- Communication skills.
[Source: Association of Accounting Technicians]
Released On 22nd Jan 2019