Tools for career leaders and teachers
Understanding your role
Career Leaders are responsible and accountable for the delivery of their school’s careers advice and guidance programme. You should manage and have a clear overview of your school’s careers plan and provision, aiming for your school to meet all eight Gatsby Benchmarks by the end of 2020.
The role involves working with local employers, providers, and education establishments (such as colleges and universities). Search our opportunity directory or contact us for help connecting.
The Careers and Enterprise Company (CEC) offers a variety of training courses for Careers Leaders. Schools and colleges can now register their interest for the training here.
The Career Development Institute’s (CDI) Level 6 Certificate in Careers Leadership consists of the following three QCF units:
• Plan and design career-related learning programmes;
• Lead and manage career development work in an organisation;
• Continuously improve career development work in an organisation.
No previous qualification is required, but appropriate workload, academic ability and commitment to study at Level 6 are needed.
Level 6 Certificate in Careers Leadership is offered by:
- Our resource directory lists work-related learning schemes and careers resources available nationally and in Somerset
- Our events page highlights upcoming courses, open days and careers events
- Study Up Somerset showcases and provides information about all the Higher Education courses on offer in Somerset by our Colleges and Training Providers including information about funding, how to apply for HE and FAQs.