Developing an Inclusive Workforce
Weston College - a centre for excellence in SEND - has been working for the past 10 years to develop an ethos of inclusive practice, across all aspects of our provision, our support systems and our innovative resources, to ensure all students have the opportunity to reach their full potential. The key aspect of our success in creating a college wide ethos of inclusive practice, is the development of our staff and their understanding of the needs for all learners.
The evening includes a two course meal and time for networking.
This session will outline and share best practice in the following:
- the benefits of creating an inclusive organisation
- how to become a Disability Confident employer
- a motivational model of training to support staff in their transition
- a toolkit of resources to support staff in creating a culture of inclusivity
- Dr Paul Phillips CBE, CEO of Weston College
- Jo Walker, Chief Executive of North Somerset Council
- John Turner, Chief Executive of Visit Somerset.
- Insight from a trainee’s perspective
- Insight from an employee’s perspective
Book your place today: Register on Eventbrite